What else means?
« What else? » is a recognition that something is miss. Submitted by anonymous on .
What else means new?
Definition of what else is new? informal. —used to say that one is not surprised by something one has been told « They lost again. » « So what else is new? »
How do you use else?
You use else after words such as ‘ anywhere’, ‘someone’, and ‘what’, to refer in a vague way to another person, place, or thing. If I can’t make a living at painting, at least I can teach someone else to paint. We had nothing else to do on those long trips. What else have you had for your birthday?
How do you say everything else?
Other relevant words (noun):
- and so on,
- Et cetera,
- and suchlike,
- and the rest,
- and others,
- and other things,
- and all,
- and so forth,
How do you use else in a sentence?
Else with someone, anybody, nobody, etc.
- I was the only one who knew any German. No one else had ever done it at school. (No other person had ever learnt it.)
- It looks really busy in there. Let’s go somewhere else. (Let’s go to a different place.)
- This must be someone else’s coat. It’s not mine.
il y a 6 jours
What is new in sarcasm?
(rhetorical question, idiomatic, sarcastic) A rhetorical request for some real news, on hearing a report that was not news because it represents a continuing predictable and unsatisfactory situation.
What is else grammar?
Else with someone, anybody, nobody, etc. We use else after words beginning with any-, every-, no- and some-, to mean ‘other’, ‘another’, ‘different’ or ‘additional’. This group of words includes: anybody. everybody. nobody.
What is else statement?
In programming languages, an else statement is an alternative statement that is executed if the result of a previous test condition evaluates to false.
What can I say instead of anything else?
In this page you can discover 23 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for anything, like: everything, any, any one thing, whatever one wants, you-name-it, something, all, aught, anything whatever, and anything at all.
Is all else correct?
Other than those items approved by me, everything else is probitied. Both of these are acceptable, although ‘all else’ sounds a little awkward to me here. However, I’d like to focus on another point. Since we already have the words ‘other than’, the word ‘else ‘ seems redundant to me.
What does else mean?
- Else as a name for girls has its root in Hebrew, and the name Else means « God is my oath ». Else is an alternate spelling of Elizabeth (Hebrew). Else is also a derivative of Elsa (Hebrew). Else is also used as a derivative of Ilse (German, Hebrew). Else Sabrina (E.S.), .. How popular is Else?
What is the definition of else?
- The definition of else is a different person or thing, or something more. An example of else is running into someone other than who you were expecting to see; someone else.
What is the else statement?
- In programming languages, an else statement is an alternative statement that is executed if the result of a previous test condition evaluates to false.
What does someone else mean?
- « someone else » means « as somebody different from ourselves; resembling someone or something else. ». « someone » is a pronoun that means « an unknown or unspecified person ». « else » is an adverb that means « different, instead ».