What does it mean to follow up on something?
- 1 What does it mean to follow up on something?
- 2 Which is correct follow up or follow up?
- 3 Is following up grammatically correct?
- 4 What is a word for follow up?
- 5 What is meant by meeting follow up?
- 6 How do you follow up something?
- 7 What is follow up check up?
- 8 How do you say I want to follow up?
- 9 How do you use the word follow up?
- 10 How do you ask for a follow up email?
- 11 What is another word for followed up?
- 12 How to write a follow-up email?
- 13 How do you use follow up in a sentence?
- 14 What is the noun for follow up?
Definition of follow up on (something) 1 : to try to get more information about (something) The police followed up on the leads. 2 : to do something in response to (something) : to take appropriate action about (something) He says that the police failed to follow up on his complaints.
Which is correct follow up or follow up?
Is it follow up or follow-up? Follow up is a verb phrase that means to pursue or to check on something. Follow-up is a noun or an adjective that refers to a continuation or review. Follow up is a verb.
Is following up grammatically correct?
However, others such as Merriam-Webster list only follow-up as standard. As an adjective, follow-up means intended as a response, a reaction, an evaluation, or a reinforcement of a previous action. … If you are using it as a noun or adjective, put a hyphen between the two words: follow-up.
What is a word for follow up?
In this page you can discover 23 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for follow up, like: followup, reexamination, implement, debrief, follow through, dodge, review, avoid, follow, follow-out and carry out.
What is meant by meeting follow up?
Meeting follow up includes the activities conducted after the meeting. Right after the meeting, the meeting organizer follows up by sending out meeting notes and collecting feedback. If the meeting resulted in action items or other plans, the leader may also schedule a dedicated follow-up meeting to check progress.
How do you follow up something?
Here are some key things to keep in mind when you reach out to someone for the second (or third, or fourth) time.
- Have a compelling subject line. …
- Be mindful of your tone. …
- Keep it short and use simple language. …
- Make a clear ask. …
- Give them an out. …
- Be judiciously persistent.
What is follow up check up?
Follow-up care involves regular medical checkups, which may include a physical exam, blood tests, and imaging tests. Follow-up care checks for health problems that may occur months or years after treatment ends, including the development of other types of cancer.
How do you say I want to follow up?
You could try:
- “I’m following up on the below” or “Following up on this [request/question/assignment]”
- “I’m circling back on the below” or “Circling back on this [request/question/assignment]”
- “I’m checking in on the below” or “Checking in on this [request/question/assignment]”
How do you use the word follow up?
Ann shows remarkable tenacity in following up items of interest. Lives have been lost because we’ve either not been believed or someone was too late following up . She reluctantly agreed following up on my sighting would be prudent and wouldn’t do any harm. We’re just following up on a missing person.
How do you ask for a follow up email?
Openers you might want to try include:
- I just wanted to follow up on the email I sent last [day of the week email was sent] about [subject of email].
- I just wanted to follow up to see what you thought about [subject of email].
- Hope this doesn’t sound weird, but I saw that you read my previous email.
What is another word for followed up?
- follow-up, followup(noun) a piece of work that exploits or builds on earlier work. “his new software is a follow-up to the programs they started with”. Synonyms: reexamination, followup, review. follow-up, followup(noun) an activity that continues something that has already begun or that repeats something that has already been done.
How to write a follow-up email?
- Define the Purpose of Your Follow–up Email. First things first. …
- Create a Snappy Email Subject Line. With your subject line,you have a small window of opportunity to capture the attention of your recipient.
- Use Direct and Clear Language in Your Follow–up Email. …
- Get Professional Help with Your Follow–up Email. …
- Plan Your Next Follow–up Email. …
How do you use follow up in a sentence?
- Use ‘follow up’ in a Sentence. After the extremely poor scores on the company’s inspection, a follow up visit was completely mandatory and issued by the CEO himself.
What is the noun for follow up?
- Follow–up is the noun version of this phrase, meaning a review or continuation . It can also be used as an adjective to describe such an event. The follow–up for the safety audit has been pushed back another week, and we are now out of compliance with state regulations.