Quelle est la signification de Guignol ?
Personne qui fait rire par ses gestes, ses grimaces. 5. Familier. Personne dont le comportement ne peut pas être pris au sérieux : Ce ministre est un guignol.
Qui est vraiment l’enchanteur ?
1. Personne qui, dans les croyances populaires, est douée de pouvoirs magiques : Merlin l’Enchanteur. 2. Personne dont le charme séduit, captive.
What is the meaning of Guignol?
- It represents the workers in the silk industry of France. Although often thought of as children’s entertainment, Guignol’s sharp wit and linguistic verve have always been appreciated by adults as well, as shown by the motto of a prominent Lyon troupe: « Guignol amuses children… and witty adults ».
Why is the Grand Guignol so famous?
- Hidden in an old chapel in Paris, the Grand Guignol was the home to on-stage horror, with grisly, lo-fi special effects – plus sex – to tantalise the crowds. There is one reliable way for theatre to make headlines: fainting.
What remain constant in Guignol's character?
- What remain constant are his poverty, but more importantly his good humor and his sense of justice. The use in French of « guignol » as an insult meaning « buffoon » is a curious misnomer, as Guignol is clever, courageous and generous; his inevitable victory is always the triumph of good over evil.
What is Guignol's original satire?
- Guignol‘s original caustic satire has often been watered down to simple children’s fare, and has even been used to parody grand opera, but his original spirit still survives in his hometown of Lyon, where both traditional and original contemporary performances are an integral part of local culture.