Is about blank bad?
The about:blank page scenario is usually just a blank webpage displayed when a browser finds itself in a situation where it needs to show an empty page. The page is NOT served to you from an external source, so it isn’t harmful to your computer.
Why is it about blank?
Some anti-virus and anti-malware software use about:blank when they detect a bad URL or site. So instead of directing you to that malicious site, the browser throws up that blank page to protect you. The about:blank page can also appear after you’ve removed malware from your system.
How do I fix this about blank blocked?
The browser must display something, so it displays about:blank. The solution is simple: change your homepage back to what you want it to be.
Why is my chrome blank?
Google Chrome’s blank screen error can be due to a corrupted browser cache. Therefore, clearing Chrome’s cache might fix the browser.
How do I fix a blank Web page?
Most of the time this solves your problem so try to clear the cache first and then start following the methods.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Press CTRL, SHIFT and DELETE keys simultaneously (CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE)
- Check Browsing history, Cached images and files, Autofill form data and Cookies and other site and plugin data.
Why do I get a white screen on some websites?
When a Web page is blank, there are a few likely reasons. The reasons fall into three categories: 1, a server-related problem; 2, a network problem; and 3, a client browser or computer problem.
Why are some Web pages blank?
The reasons fall into three categories: 1, a server-related problem; 2, a network problem; and 3, a client browser or computer problem. Once you figure out the reason for the blank page, you can take the appropriate action, which may involve fixing a misconfiguration on your computer or contacting the site’s webmaster.
How do I make Google Chrome open blank pages?
Fortunately, it’s easy enough to configure IE, Firefox or Chrome to open to a blank page….To get a simple blank page when you open a new window:
- Enter the Settings menu. …
- Select « Show a blank page » from the When Firefox Starts menu.
- Click OK.
What is about blank and why do I see it?
- About:blank is a page that appears when your browser has nothing else to display. It’s not a page on the internet, but rather something internally inside your browser. The « about » part of what you see comes from your browser’s about URI or URL scheme.
What is the meaning of blank?
- The definition of blank is something not written upon or without thought or ideas. An example of blank is a bank check on which the dollar amount is not specified. An example of blank is an author with nothing to write about.
What does about blank#blocked mean?
- It’s not malware but can result from malware being removed. “about:blank#blocked” is sometimes displayed as the result of security software blocking access to something. “about:blank” can also be used as a fast browser homepage. About:blank isn’t really “about” anything.
What is blank home page?
- About:blank as your browser home page. Your browser home page is the page that you see first when you initially fire up your browser, or hit the “Home” button. Frequently, the default home page for IE is http://www.msn.com or some other Microsoft-related property.